Search Flex Components Free

Custom Search

December 29, 2007

Free AutoScroll Component for Flex 2

I promised one completely free and open source Flex component each week in May, and I’m determined to deliver. So after a busy week at my .NET day job, I managed to stay up last night and make the AutoScroll component from scratch. The AutoScroll component will render a horizontal display container that scrolls according to your mouse position. You should provide it with a dataProvider and itemRenderer and it will do the rest. I wanted to extend the ListBase for this component, but I couldn’t overcome the underlying problems in time. I’ll revisit this at some point in the future, but in the mean time feel free to improve it on your own.

Image of AutoScroll Component


AutoScroll Explorer (Flash Player 9 Beta 3 Required)

View AutoScroll Explorer Source

Download AutoScroll Explorer Source

This component is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. Feel free to download and modify the code for any use as long as my name is in there somewhere. Updates and improvements to the AutoScroll component will be appended to this entry as it grows up and gets more polish.

Related Flex Tutorials