1. Recreate the db in mysql. If you look in samples\web-inf\db\crm you will find a file called crm.script which has the sql statements you will need.
2. Make sure you have the mysql-jdbc-connector libraries. Put the .jar file in the samples\web-inf\lib folder.
3. Edit the HsqlServlet.java file in samples\web-inf\src\samples\crm as follows:
change the connection.driver_class to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
change the connection.url to jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/crm (assuming defaults)
change the connection.username and connection.password
change the dialect to org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
comment out the hbm2ddl.auto line
4. Compile the HsqlServlet.java file into samples\web-inf\classes.
5. Run FDS. Keep an eye out on the console for any errors.
6. Open the companyapp.mxml in a browser.